Customer Field Representative
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATIONS: Immediate needs in Chicago, IL, but are looking for qualified individuals nationwide.
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing
BENEFITS: Full Benefits
Our Sales and Marketing team is looking for a Customer Field Representative who loves to sell, embraces a challenge, who has integrity, has a strong work ethic, and a desire to effect changes within our industry. We take our work seriously –At Midwest Construction Products, our mission is to develop, with our customers, a partnership of prompt personal service, and provide experienced consultation along with an extensive line of the highest quality engineered products. We want someone who honestly answers “yes” to questions like these:
- Are you confident enough in your abilities to educate people about new ideas or innovative solutions?
- Do the people around you view you as a self-motivated person?
- Have you had experience in public speaking?
- Will your references for this position already know how perfect you would fit in here?
About the Position
You will be responsible for creating a strong customer base to sell products and provide solutions for, as well as educating engineers, designers, government agencies, and contractors on our products and solutions. Because we have such a wide range of products, this roll will give you the opportunity to create a wide customer base in many different market areas. Our team is looking for experienced, self-motivated sales people who are ready to work hard and help take us to into a new level in our ability to provide the industry with the best education on innovative solutions.
Responsibilities in this Role
- Selling and assisting in the implementation of our products.
- Prospecting and increasing market share.
- Cold calling.
- Assisting potential client's at their sites.
This is not a position where you wait for the phone to ring and simply take orders. The successful person in this role strives to make the sale both inside and outside the office. If you find yourself constantly improving your daily processes and are willing to question how to make improvements,this is definitely the place for you!
Skills and Requirements
- Proven sales experience. (Yes, this is a MUST!)
- Ability to identify opportunities and trends, develop account strategies, and negotiate creative solutions.
- Enthusiasm for the complete sales process.
- Account management experience and strong organizational skills. (Be prepared to talk about these)
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A Go Getter attitude.
- The ability to work with a team.
- A well maintained vehicle.
Other Desirable Skills
- Be more than just computer literate.
- Involvement in community or social organizations.
- Have knowledge in environmental issues.
- Have read or listened to the The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.